Until his retirement in 2016,Bill Schroeder was an agroforestry scientist with the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Agroforestry Development Centre at Indian Head, Saskatchewan. With expertise in tree genetics, nursery propagation and agroforestry, he made substantial science contributions to hardy woody plants and agroforestry systems.
During his 35 year career Bill was a world leader in breeding woody plants for agroforestry systems. The influence of his research can be seen daily in the thousands of farmstead and field shelterbelts planted throughout western Canada. His pioneering seabuckthorn research has been instrumental in the development of this super plant in North America.
We provide professional consulting services and high quality tree and shrub seeds to help with your agroforestry and tree related needs. Our expertise includes:
- Agroforestry design and management
- Tree genetics and breeding
- Nursery management and propagation
- Diagnosis of tree and shrub insect, disease and environmental ailments
- Tree and shrub identification
- Phytoremediation with poplar and willow
- Small fruit production
- Tree and shrub seed processing
Agroforestry Solutions has been open since September 2016.